mail [at] gouthaman [dot] com
Project Manager / Operations Tools and Tech Specialist / Writer
Meticulous Project Manager with an interest in technology and a background in technical content writing, user/customer support, and a knack for grasping tool nuances quickly.
Tooling Project Manager at Facebook HQ — March 2016 to present
I’m the Technology Expert for Outsourcing within Facebook’s Community Operations team. My responsibilities include ensuring that the tools we provide our vendors are efficient, secure, and bug-free. I also work closely with XFN teams like InfoSec, IT, and HR to help our vendors operate in an environment that’s as secure as Facebook’s.
Ops. Tools Specialist at Facebook Ireland — June 2014 to February 2016
- Managed projects around outsourcing multiple workflows which amounted to about 10% of the volume of abuse reports received by Community Operations at the time.
- Worked closely with the operations teams to triage, prioritize, and escalate internal tool bugs and feature requests to engineering
- Served as a point-of-contact for the 40+ member Community Operations team at Facebook’s Dublin office.
- Served as a mentor for new members on the team by training them on various areas of our business.
Analyst at Facebook India — May 2012 to May 2014
- Responded to abuse reports from users mainly concerning their authenticity and other impersonation issues.
- Building automation using Facebook’s in-house FXL language and automated over 50% of the workflow with an accuracy of over 95% in Q4 2013.
Tech Writing Freelance Projects — January 2010 to April 2012
- Wrote, produced, and edited tech help content on sites like EasyTweaks, AVirtualExit, GuidingTech, etc.
- Authored my own tech site PC Geek Blog with several hundred subscribers and thousands of page views back in the day.
B.A., English at University of Madras
Last Updated: August 27, 2018