mail [at] gouthaman [dot] com
Project Manager / Operations Tools and Tech Specialist / Writer
Meticulous Project Manager with an interest in technology and a background in technical content writing, user/customer support, and a knack for grasping tool nuances quickly.
Tooling Project Manager at Facebook HQ — March 2016 to present
- Led the implementation of security projects like replacing conventional desktops with AWS-powered zero clients for content moderation agents by helping define business requirements and designing the Access Management strategy viz. putting together how we on/off-board vendors in our Active Directory, defining access levels for different roles, etc.
- Served as the technical POC for all operations tools used by our vendors. This includes defining, maintaining, and being the owner of our Access Management strategy, being a consultant for Community Operations (CO) and other teams to help them understand how to best externalize tools or provide access to our resources securely to an external audience.
- Driving projects that improve the UX of our global content reviewer group. A key highlight here is managing the implementation of feature requests and other efficiency improvements suggested by our vendors in 2017 which led to an estimated savings of ~3000 hours/month for CO’s content review work.
- End-to-end project management of the technology aspect of new vendor site launches. In my tenure, I helped launch over 13 vendor sites.
- Ensuring our vendors operate in an environment that meets Facebook’s security standards by facilitating security audits at vendor sites and considering both the Physical and Information Security aspect of our business, ensuring hi-pri security issues are remediated, and defining best practices to maintain consistency.
Ops. Tools Specialist at Facebook Ireland — June 2014 to February 2016
- Managed projects around outsourcing multiple workflows which amounted to about 10% of the volume of abuse reports received by Community Operations at the time.
- Worked closely with the operations teams to triage, prioritize, and escalate internal tool bugs and feature requests to engineering
- Served as a point-of-contact for the 40+ member Community Operations team at Facebook’s Dublin office.
- Served as a mentor for new members on the team by training them on various areas of our business.
Analyst at Facebook India — May 2012 to May 2014
- Responded to abuse reports from users mainly concerning their authenticity and other impersonation issues.
- Building automation using Facebook’s in-house FXL language and automated over 50% of the workflow with an accuracy of over 95% in Q4 2013.
Tech Writing Freelance Projects — January 2010 to April 2012
- Wrote, produced, and edited tech help content on sites like EasyTweaks, AVirtualExit, GuidingTech, etc.
- Authored my own tech site PC Geek Blog with several hundred subscribers and thousands of page views back in the day.
B.A., English at University of Madras
Last Updated: July 31, 2019